21 October 2014

Starry Night Pumpkin Luminary

It's beginning to look like fall with the addition of some pansies and snapdragons to the front entry. Just a little tweak to start the seasonal transition. While I was at it, I couldn't resist the happy orange of a few pumpkins. I love how they look against the blue door.

fall front entry
I even purchased one of my very own to carve. With Halloween being so near, a starry night pumpkin luminary is the perfect way to entertain the night's events.

carving a starry night pumpkin luminary

I created a galaxy of "stars" by using a drill and various sized bits. The larger holes became Sirius stars as I carved bright bursts around each.

starry night pumpkin luminary

I even added a comet or two. A bright and happy way to light your entry on this spookiest of evenings.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. karen@somewhatquirkydesignOctober 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM

    Love this. This is my speed of carving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO pretty, Sarah! Great idea! Your porch is beautiful...I love the formal symmetry!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover