04 September 2014

Easy Fall Decor - Pumpkin Pomanders

Hello September! How did you creep in so swiftly? I have to say, this year has passed by quicker than any other to date, even though I conscientiously made every attempt to enjoy each day as it came. So, here we are at the very edge of the fall season with holiday decor on the shelves and the humid air just a bit lighter than it was a few weeks ago.

It's a tad early for me to begin any fall decorating; but it's not too early to start gathering ideas for a few fall elements to add to your home. So I'm sharing one of my fall favorites from last year - pumpkin pomanders. I really got a lot of use from them as they remained part of my seasonal decor from September til early December. You can't beat that for milking it for all it's worth! So if you're looking for some seasonal decor ideas, this one is a keeper in my opinion.

pomander pumpkins

I like to use natural elements in my seasonal decor, preferring to forage in the woods for fallen twigs rather than foraging through the craft store. So, as I was deciding how to decorate with a collection of craft store pumpkins, I knew I wanted to give them a more organic design before adding them to my table.

white pumpkin

I decided to make pomanders. And since these pumpkins aren't of the organic variety, it's a great way to enjoy both their decorative beauty and their fragrance from late fall throughout winter.

pumpkin pomander

This is an easy project that only took a couple of hours to complete. And all you'll need are craft store pumpkins (the foam style), a piercing tool (I used the tip of my wine opener) and whole cloves.

pomanders

To start, first decide on the design of your pomander. I just eyeballed my design as I went along, but you may want to mark yours with a sharpie first.

pumpkin pomanders


making pumpkin pomanders

After you have your design ready, pierce the pumpkin.

cloved pumpkins

Then add your cloves.

Don't be shy about piercing the pumpkin to deep. You will want to pierce it deep enough to accommodate the clove stem, otherwise, you're just creating more work for yourself.

fall pomander

My finished products.

Now wasn't that easy? I love how natural these look. And best of all, you'll be able to enjoy them throughout the entire fall and winter seasons.

Linking to my fave party "The Makers." There's some serious creative goodness happening there!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. I love your idea! I am soooo gonna do this!! They look so elegant and timeless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I've only done this with oranges, and your pumpkins look beautiful like this!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover