21 August 2014

More Gold Glam - Because More is Always Better


Monday's post had us back in the master bedroom where I put the finishing touches on the work space. The whirlwind of final details landed me in the master bath for another quick and easy diy update.

gold step stool
Gold. I love it...

And I've added it to the master bath in what was once a cream colored plastic stool from the 1980s.

updating a plastic stool with gold paint

Does anyone remember these?

Having little ones in the house once again, I've had to pull out this long forgotten step stool. A plastic beauty acquired over 20 years ago, this one was used for the very same reason - to boost little bodies up to the sink. But this time around it's cream color was just too bland for the space, so I added it to my paint list.

painting a plastic step stool

My first step in its update was to use a Rust-oleum spray paint designed for plastic. I knew it wasn't going to give me the burnished gold I was after. But what it did do was act as a first coat + primer in one. Working in this manner allowed me to finish this piece off with my favorite, more expensive spray paint (which isn't specifically designed for plastics) and use less of it.

After allowing the base coat to dry for a solid 24 hours, I applied two light coats of Design Master in gold. This paint is truly amazing and has the most lustrous properties - just the right amount of burnished red to make it look as if it was the real thing. I love this paint and my newly updated step stool.

This step stool has seen a lot of use from these little feet over the past month and has held up well so far.

gold painted step stool

Dirty feet = happy feet.

Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover