07 July 2014

Peanut Butter Puppy Pops (And the Purina One 28 Day Challenge)

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Purina One, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ONEDifference

Summer heat is brutal. Especially if you're a dog on daily patrol to keep the neighborhood squirrels out of your territory. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it - or so P.J. thinks.

yorkshire terrior

All that hard work is draining. For their dedication in the heat of a summer's day, your pet deserves a special treat. So today I'm sharing our pup's favorite - Frozen Peanut Butter Puppy Pops. And because they're made with four simple ingredients, these treats are as easy to make as they are to tasty to eat.




peanut butter puppy pops

So easy! They're the perfect treat to cool down your pup on a hot summer day. And even better is that they can be made with all-natural ingredients. Like many of you, our family has made a commitment to eating more natural; and the four-legged members of our household are now getting the same standards when it comes to their diets.

frozen puppy pops

He loves his Puppy Pops!

P.J. is our 12 pound Yorkie (yep, he's a big boy). At 11 years old, he's still very active. But recently P. J. began developing severe allergies and a significant loss of hair. After much trial + error, we determined it was the preservatives and additives in his food. I was surprised to see this after many years eating the same diet; but I learned that allergies can strike at any time for no apparent reason.

This information prompted me to become more deliberate about our pet's food choices, just as I am with my family's. I began preparing his meals from fresh ingredients; and it's really done wonders for his overall health. His beautiful coat is back and there's no more scratching.

But making freshly prepared meals for both my family and for P.J. can be a time consuming task, especially during a busy week. For those times when I just can't get into the kitchen to cook, I really needed a dry dog food that could be used as a healthy alternative to his fresh food diet. So, after much research, I decided to participate in the Purina One 28 day challenge to see if it would work for P.J.

purina one smart blend lamb & rice formula

With an all-natural/preservative-free list of ingredients, it was an obvious choice. And I'm thrilled to say that P.J. has been happy and healthy during the entire 28 days of the challenge. Since we've incorporated Purina One as part of his diet, there have been no allergic reactions. And as a bonus, this picky eater loves the flavor. It's a win-win for us both!

I'm so happy with P.J.'s results and encourage you to take the Purina One 28 Day Challenge with your four-legged family members. Visit the link, sign up; and while you're there, print off the $3 coupon to get you and your pets started. There's even a checklist you can use to monitor your pets' progress during the 28 days.

28 day purina one challenge

I love having a dry dog food I can rely on that's nutritionally complete, all-natural, and preservative-free. Purina One Smart Blend offers that. But just as important is the fact that P.J. loves the mix of kibbles + meaty morsels.

We love our pets as much as we love our children and want only the best for them. Providing them with a proper diet gives them a great chance at a long and healthy life. But don't forget to add a little variety to your pet's diet with an occasional healthy treat like the Frozen Peanut Butter Puppy Pops. They'll love you even more!

frozen peanut butter puppy pops

So easy to make, they're a fun treat to keep your pups cooled down on those hot summer days.

linking to Wednesday Whatsits


Share/Bookmark

12 comments :

  1. I know these are puppy pops, but they sure sound good. You had me at peanut butter. :-)


    Kelly
    www.alovelylifeindeed.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, they're suitable for the entire family! I eat them, too + they're really delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a 12-15 lb Yorkie also. He would love these treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad P.J. ended up on the larger side - it's a tough job patrolling our 5 acres from unwanted squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max says to PJ, Woof, Woofwoofwoof, bark. woof!! I think that means he loves the recipe for the puppy pops and wants me to make him some soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly agree with the statement you mentioned that even our 4 legged family members need their food to be natural and additive free . :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pups would LOVE these! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome recipe! Your pupster is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PJ is absolutely adorable. That recipe looks fabulous for our little furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michele @ The Scrap ShoppeJuly 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM

    My pup would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fellow dog owner, If you'd cry if your dog died, then you need to see this. Discover the deadly secret the dog food industry spends millions to make sure you never find out.Check it out...http://www.dogfoodsecrets.best-online-solution.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover