29 July 2014

Make This! A Geometric Glass Vase


I love seeing all the geometrics happening in interior design. If you look closely, you'll notice it everywhere. So when I had the chance to play with some geometric decals recently, I was completely on board. It's fun to add a little bit of trend to keep your spaces spontaneous.



But for me it's one of those designs that a little goes a long way. So instead of plastering them all over my wall as recommended, I pulled a trio of glass vases from my hoard collection and started there.



This little project couldn't have been any easier to create.

After thoroughly cleaning the vases, I simply added the decals in a fun pattern, moving them around as needed. The decals adhered smoothly; but what I really loved was that I could reposition them as I was working. Although the website states the decals are not intended to be repositioned, I found it very easy to do so on glass, yet they held firmly once I had them where I wanted.



I just had fun positioning them into interesting patterns until I came up with something I was happy with.



And in a matter of 30 minutes I was able to create a fun design that can easily be removed when I'm ready to switch it up again.



So fun and so easy. I really like these vinyl decals for a quick switch-up. And using them on these glass vases was a fun way to add a pop of modern into my space.


If you'd like to try this creative diy for yourself, the decals I used were designed by Wallternatives in the Triangles Pattern Pack.

Share/Bookmark

21 comments :

  1. I love this it is sobeautiful and so are the pictures. I might do the same but make candles for the holidays. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love triangles! I am definitely going to try this with my hoard( I mean collection) of glass vases :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cool and you make it look SO easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! We are looking for ideas for my son's wedding decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really pretty. I'm so not crafty but I like to think I could be one of these days! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, it really IS that easy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really sharp Sarah! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them Sarah. Pinning to my To Do List.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you get these at Haven? I got the circles and couldn't think of what to do with them. Your idea is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to add geometrics in a subtle way… so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did, Paula! Hmmm, circles... I'm getting nothing in the inspiration dep't.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I might use them at school as labels. I really can't think of anything creative to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous!!! Totally crushing on that geometric look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! I love that it's not permanent so you can change up the look easily. Thanks for sharing with us at The Makers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy to have found you guys. Such a mix of awesome talent in there, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Danielle DriscollJuly 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM

    How neat! These came out great. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Will be sharing with my faves from the week this Friday morning at www.makingitinthemountains.com. Have a fab weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These vases are so much fun! I recently did something similar and love how you placed the patterns on yours! You've are being featured at The Makers Link Party this week! I hope you will stop by to grab a button and link up with us :) Have a great day!
    ~Katie @ Upcycled Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are those the decals from Haven? I think I have the same set, but I didn't have this cool idea! Genius.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover