09 June 2014

Baked Salt + Pepper Tortilla Chips

One of our favorite summer dishes is fresh guacomole. Nothing's better, especially when it's served on fresh tortilla chips. But instead of frying mine, I like to bake them and add a dash of salt + pepper.

These baked salt + pepper tortillla chips are as easy to make as they are tasty to eat.

baked salt + pepper tortilla chips


slicing flour tortillas for chips

Using a pizza cutter, I slice each tortilla into eight triangles.

how to prepare baked tortilla chips

Lightly baste with peanut oil and broil on low for 1-2 minutes until light toasted. Remove from oven, turn, baste again and add a sprinkle of sea salt and ground pepper. Return to oven + bake another 1-2 minutes until golden and crisp. Let cool before storing in an air-tight container.

baked salt + pepper tortilla chips

And just so I don't leave you hanging, here's my favorite recipe for guacomole - straight from indigenous Spanish + Cuban inhabitants of the Gasparilla Islands off the coast of south Florida.

guacomole recipe
 Printed in 1961, I love this cookbook and the authentic cuisine it shares.

baked tortilla chips

Yum!

Share/Bookmark

11 comments :

  1. Evelyn @ My Turn for usJune 9, 2014 at 8:25 AM

    I am loving these!! Totally Pinning!!

    Hugs

    PS Will be grabbing this post to share on FB! (scheduling later today:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make these and the kids love them... so much healthier than frying.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! Great healthy alternative for my tortilla chip addiction :) Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy. I want to try making this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! My hubby makes homemade tortilla chips, but he deep fries them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to deep fry mine, as well. But I find the baked ones just as flavorful and crisp - especially with the s+p!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evelyn, thanks so much for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jazmine, they're so easy to make + are an easy party food - impressive to the eye but little effort to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny@ days of chalk&chocolateJune 9, 2014 at 8:15 PM

    Oh yum! They look so good! And your photography is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steph @ Crafting in the RainJune 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

    Oh yum-fast and simple!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover