05 May 2014

Tips to Encourage Finicky Eaters


“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® and Lifeway Kefir, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade # http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH

The job of being mom comes with a long list of responsibilities and challenges. And for many, food choices are top on the list. Providing healthy food choices for your family in an industry that's forever changing the rules is a true lesson in patience. And after all the arduous research and carefully chosen grocery selections comes mom's number one challenge - getting finicky eaters to embrace those healthy food choices.

It's not easy.




And now that there's a new generation of little ones running around our home from time to time, I'm once again faced with the challenge of encouraging finicky eaters to eat. My trick in the bag? Fun food activities.

Naming foods silly names and creating plate art with vegetables can often do the trick. But if I'm looking for guaranteed success, I bring the food to the play table. It's by far my most successful way of introducing new foods to a picky palate and getting a nod of approval from opinionated little personalities.

Anytime a new food introduction is surrounded by something they love doing, my success rate soars.


This was how I introduced these two tot's to kefir. As you've heard, I'm on a mission to convert my family from yogurt to kefir. Being a lover of Greek yogurt, it was easy for my husband and I to make the switch, but with these two... well, it's not always so simple.

So by hosting a tea party that included some of their favorite foods along with the kefir, my plan was a total success. They loved the sweet taste and yogurt-like consistency (and serving it in a "real" glass was an enticement that no little girl could resist).


My family has fallen in love with the Lifeway kefir products. The flavors are truly tasty, and the ever-growing line of products keeps boredom from creeping into our daily routine. Frozen pops and Fro Yo are perfect as treats; and if your in the mood for something savory, there's a selection of cheeses I can't wait to try. 

Just as moms do for their own families, Lifeway has focused it's family-owned business on healthy and delicious.


And if Lifeway can get this little one to do this:



I call that a success.

Stay up-to-date with Lifeway and their entire line of products by following Lifeway on Twitter and Lifeway on Facebook.

Share/Bookmark

14 comments :

  1. Great post! Following from Weave Made! @SugarNSpiceLife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making plate art with vegetables - they're just so much work sometimes. Thankfully, we drink Kefir smoothies too and my toddler loves them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed just how easily these two took to it.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stuff sounds awesome! I am a big fan of greek yogurt, so now I want to try this. Now following via bloglovin. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glued To My CraftsMay 6, 2014 at 9:48 AM

    We love Kefir in our house. I like adding it to your granola or smoothies. Glad you like it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried Kefir but if it's like Greek yogurt I will be getting some soon. The frozen Kefir looks good too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Kefir, might have to check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post. I love your bright pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Thanks for following along! There are tremendous health benefits to kefir - I hope you'll give it a try (Lifeway is the best tasting by far).

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some great images. That first one and the hand are my favs. :) A milk smoothie. Might have to check that out. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover