24 January 2014

More Vintage Goodness

I had the pleasure of doing a bit more treasure hunting today, and it paid off nicely. Yay!

While out and about, I found this intriguing egg decorating kit in a thrift store which I rarely bother with. This is such an interesting find. The set is complete, other than two of the dye packets, and I can't wait to try my hand it.
vintage egg decorating kit
vintage ukranian egg decorations
So many beautiful patterns - I'd have taken the box just for that.
vintage egg decorating kit
These tools alone have me intrigued. I can't wait to get into this box. Has anyone ever practiced the art of Ukrainian egg decorating? Who does that anymore? Well, apparently I will be very soon!

Later in the morning, I hit the jackpot in an antiques store that I stop in maybe once a year. It just goes to show... While there, I picked up several mid-century pieces, the most interesting being this amazingly large fat lava lamp. I had never come across one until today, so this was an exciting find. The colors are a vibrant mix of orange, black, pumpkin, + blue, and it's in great condition.
collection of mid century decanters
I know I've shared my newest passion for mid-century Italian decanters with you. One of the booths had several nice ones, but sadly only one was unique enough for me to carry home. Apparently amber and green were the colors of the era because that's what I typically find. However, this one is very large, is handblown, and is in mint condition, thus made it totally worthy of my affections.
mid century handblown decanter
italian decanter
So pretty!

Next is an Italian fish decanter. I waffled a bit on whether or not to take him with me. I almost put it back several times. I don't know why, it's a sweet little piece, is quite unusual, and even has its original stopper. Of course, I'm glad I kept him now.
fish decanter
Last, here's a better look at the fat lava lamp. Aren't the colors striking? It's not quite my style, but there was no way I was going to pass up such a rare piece. It's such a perfect example of German pottery and is very collectible. 

I know one of my customers is going to love getting their hands on it.
german pottery
I hate to admit it, but I've been on vintage burnout the past few months and have done very little buying. After seven years of retail, I just needed to step back for a time and refuel. And if this week is any indication, it did my mental state good to step away.

Happy weekend!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. really fun sarah! i have been collecting plain glass decanters for a long while now and they are starting to get very popular, but i haven't seen these italian ones.. they are fabu! especially the fish! thanks for sharing ~

    xokelly

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover