13 January 2014

Antique Storage in the Master Bath

I'm giving you a peek into our master bath today.

Other than the wallpaper + carpet, the room is original to this home's 1989 roots. At 25 years of age, it's officially vintage.
vintage bathroom hardware
I've always loved the simple structural design of its hardware. And I love how the originally shiny brass finish has developed a warm patina over the years.

But this wall has always bothered me. Being long, in a narrow room, I've never found a suitable piece to fill its expanse.
red toile walpaper
I tried this piece which I reclaimed specifically for the space. It was so perfect in every way
repurposed secretary top
antique storage ideas
Except that it was too deep (bad girl didn't measure). So it was quickly sold and the wall was again left bare.

That was until I stumbled across this beauty in a quasi-authentic antiques shop in a tiny little town. As soon as I saw it I knew it was perfect, down to the smallest detail.

I couldn't believe how similar its style was to the hardware already in the space.
pullman luggage rack
brass railroad luggage rack
vintage brass bathroom fixture
Beautifully simple and unadorned. This 1920's Pullman luggage rack matches my bathroom hardware in an uncanny kind of way.

It was meant to be.
brass rostand luggage rack
brass luggage rack as storage
These often sell in the high $300's or more, so I prepared myself for the price before asking the store keeper. Her price was a whopping $60.

Yep... Score! You can image my expression as I threw down the cash and ran out the door.

I can't tell you how many times I've found great authentic pieces in those little shops. I've learned to forgo 15 minutes of my road trip in order to run through because, you just never know.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. I adore it! Looks perfect there, and so worth the wait! Happy!

    xokelly

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover