11 December 2013

Simple Seasonal Styling


trimmed christmas tree
As I've done for the past two seasons, my holiday styling continues to rely on nature for inspiration. And it begins with the trimming of the Christmas tree

Given a measurable pruning, our tree was returned to a more natural form and was placed in a old vintage tub. The open branches allow natural light to show off the lovely silhouette of the tree.
natural christmas evergreens
Across the room I grouped a pair of cedar + pine saplings. Their natural forms mimic the foraged trees of Christmas past.
christms tree in vase
Glass vases keep the color palate simple.
decorated christmas mantle
On another wall, evergreen boughs + a found bird's nest intertwine with the sparkle of silver + glass.
moravian star candlesticks
And for a little tradition, my newest crush - a collection of vintage Moravian stars - is added to the mix. I love the simplicity of this look and how the rustic is kept modern with the elements of silver + glass.

Next on the list is the shopping, wrapping, baking, + shipping... Oh my!

Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover