13 December 2013

Kitschmas in the Kitchen


Apart from the beautiful decorations and perfectly placed greenery, we all can use a little Christmas kitsch to keep the holiday mood light + upbeat.
vintage ceramic christmas tree
I've designated a little area of the kitchen for a collection of brightly colored pieces made by my husband's mother back in the 60's. As much as I love simple design, I also love this little cast of characters for their ability to lighten spirits and impart memories of childhood Christmases.
vintage santa cookie jar
vintage ceramic santa
Those sweet faces.
ceramic santa
christmas caroler
Imperfectly perfect!

This set of deer was also made by my mother-in-law but aren't a part of the Kitschmas collection. Their colors work better with the natural decor that resides in the foyer.
ceramic deer
white deer
rustic christmas decor
I don't know about you, but this week has been non-stop Christmas shopping. Now, if I could just find someone to help me wrap...

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. I love the green tree, my mom had one when we were growing up. A nice memory.
    I too like a more minimal look but Christmas time calls out for cute little things made with love.
    and... I haven't begun my shopping yet. (except for something that I bought a few months back)
    Yikes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting my site, Sarah, I had to come back to take another peek! Wonderful photography :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover