27 November 2013

Being Thankful + Some Holiday Styling via 2012

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends! This week will be a busy one for all of us (including me) as we prepare for friends + family and the biggest meal of the year. With much to do, I'm taking a little break for the remainder of the week. So, while I'm busy setting the table, I thought it would be fun to leave you with a few highlights from my Christmas 2012. It's an attempt to help me get some holiday creativity flowing before the Christmas season of 2013.

Before I do, I first want to say just how thankful I am to have each of you as a part of my blog. We are kindred spirits of sorts, with similar interests and values; and I'm so grateful that you have invited me to be a part of your lives as you click through your inbox to visit my blog. We all live very busy lives, and I'm honored that you take a few moments out of your week to visit me. For that I am honored + thankful!

Over the past couple of years I've transitioned how I decorate for the holidays - less holiday and more seasonal. Being able to maintain a look all through the cold winter season rather than for just a few short weeks is one I greatly appreciate. I absolutely love the look + feel of staging my home this way and will continue with the trend for this year's winter season.

Here's how I styled my outdoor spaces in 2012.

foraged evergreens

Foraged greenery from the property was pretty much everywhere and was a breath of fresh air as I looked from my windows to bundles of evergreens + berries. It's a sight to be appreciated in a sleeping landscape.

swedish bucket

I carried greenery all around the house and to the front entry. I added evergreens in antique pots, moss lined baskets filled with more greenery, and the warm glow of lights draped over groups of fallen branches. If you'd like to see the full details of how I did it, you can visit that post here.


My favorite outdoor decoration of 2012 was the antler wreath I made for the front door. It was a quick + easy project of which I'll probably recreate this year in a slightly modified way. If you're interested in creating one of your own, visit that post here.

rustic antler wreath

Looking back to the 2012 holidays is the spark I needed to jump start my enthusiasm. I hope it does the same for you. And for us in the South, the prediction of a light snow at Thanksgiving (a rare treat) definitely has me wanting to get my outdoor projects complete!

Happy, happy gobbles. May your belly and your life be full of good things this Thanksgiving!

Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover