02 October 2013

Transitioning into Fall - Filling the Foyer with Fall Blooms

My gardens are filled with fall blossoms right now. The last hurrah until spring.

I want to relish in the vivid colors + greenery one last time before saying goodbye for another year, so I'm bringing as much of it indoors as I can.

cutting flowers

This is my favorite gathering basket. It's an antique and was plucked from a garage sale for $3. Handcrafted from split oak, it has served me well.

red dahlia

Amongst all this growth are a favorite from my mother's garden. These colorful dahlias reseed every year and are a welcome sight. Where they grow, they are shadowed by shrubs and perennials that have become much larger than the demure dahlias. I have to go searching for them underneath the asters and beauty berry.

cutting fall flowers

No matter how well I plant my garden beds, they have a propensity to spread in ways that aren't always the most pleasing aesthecially. I just let them spread where they're happiest.

 Becuase when I bring them all together in an arrangement, they become a beautifully cohesive unit.

fall flower arrangement

In these glass containers I added kale leaves to hide the stems. The wonders of kale never cease!

decorating with kale

artemesia

I love the droopy fronds of this artemesia and it's blue-grey color.

flower pail

And I love this old flower pail. I love its rustic charm. There's no need to make it pretty.

french baskets

This is a small group of my antique French baskets. They were from my Grandmother's collection which always hung from the rafters of her garage. I have kept them on a shelf in my laundry room for years. I don't know why I haven't brought them out until now.

So pretty.

black hitchcock chair

A new acquisition in the foyer is a pair of antique Hitchcock chairs. Love the touch of black.

fall flowers

Lot's of hydrangeas are drying throughout the house right now.

late summer flowers

decorative owl

And I couldn't pass up the opportunity to bring out this little guy. He was orange last year. 

A nod to the upcoming holiday!

Want to see him and my foyer from Last fall? I almost cringe when I look back at earlier posts and can't believe how much my blog, my writing style, + my photos have changed since then!

linking to Centsational Girl

Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful! So happy to discover your blogs and to get to know you in our weekly class! See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so happy to have found such a talented new blog buddy!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful foyer! just love it....I don't know which detail I'd comment on first....the gorgeous entry table, the flowers....I could go on and on...It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover