10 June 2013

Vintage Goodness


trestel table
This weekend I finally got motivated about acquiring a rustic farm table. And whenever I'm on the hunt for a really great piece, the first place I look is at the Scott Antiques Market in Atlanta. There's no other place in the South that has the variety and selection that Scott's has.

The table above was in the running but sadly wasn't the one. Too new and too large. So, while I didn't come home with my table, the wheels are turning and the hunt has begun. And let's face it, 90% of the fun is the hunt. So let the games begin!

On my drive home, I stopped by the Queen to add a little goodness to the booths.
concrete garden toad
This concrete toad is wearing a dapper shade of green. Alas, I fear he is a bit unhappy with his looks, having been left in the elements all these years. But I tend to think his worn and mossy exterior only gives him character.
cast iron pulley
I recently acquired a rare matching pair of cast iron pulleys. Sweeet!

This large pair was originally a functioning part of a water well. Today, their purpose is one more of industrial hip than utilitarian, particularly when used like the ones below. Love the edgy-ness they add.
VintagePulleyLights
Just look at the potential for goodness they have. Love...
wind up travel clock
Anything that has (or had) an actual function other than just sitting pretty always makes my heart flutter. And if they still work, it's an added bonus. I can't resist the tick tock of an old travel clock.
metal garden chair
These old metal garden chairs are always a treat to find - they just never wear out. This one is from the 40's and is still in fantastic condition. I especially love the bounce chairs like this one.
vintage child's chair
And a child's folding garden chair. Hello!
vintage house number sign
These vintage house number signs don't pop up often. Yay for me!
galvanized water can
Just because a great water can never gets old.

What did you find this weekend?

And the winner of the Bee's Wrap giveaway is:

True Random Number Generator  1Powered by RANDOM.ORG
Congratulations reader "Mom" - please contact me within 24 hours with your email address!

Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover