29 May 2013

The Bee's Knees - A Natural Alternative to Plastic Wrap

Have you been so kind as to take our survey yet? If so, thank you! If not, click here to take survey - doing so will help us as we redesign the site to make it a better place for you. It's quick, it's painless, and will be so very appreciated! I promise! click here to take survey
_____________________________________________________________________

(Sometimes you come across a product so wonderful that you just have to share. This is one of those products.)

As a part of simplifying life and returning to a more natural way of living, I've been trying to eliminate as much plastic in my home as possible, particularly in my kitchen.
crate and barrel
via
However, the project has proven to be much more difficult than I ever imagined, and it's all due to plastic's tremendous ability to be convenient. Let's admit it, plastic containers are lightweight, stackable, and virtually sealtight. They are everything we want in a food storage product. But, as we are learning, plastics do have a downside. Aside from being non-biodegradable + less than desirable as a food safe-product, they're simply unattractive.

In my search for alternatives, I've tried several methods of storing food - from collecting vintage Pyrex to using waxed paper and plastic wrap. But the Pyrex proved disappointing due to the glass lids (& my clumsiness) and the fact that they require more of my coveted cabinet space. And  with the plastic wrap, I was never able to master the art of a tight seal. Honestly, does plastic wrap stick to anything other than itself?

So when I read about Bee's Wrap, a natural alternative to plastic wrap, I was captivated by its organic properties and its small, easy-to-store size. So just what is Bee's Wrap?
alternatives to plastic wrap
Bee's Wrap is a food safe cloth wrap designed to seal and protect your perishables. Its properties come from the blend of beeswax, jojoba oil, and tree resin which are infused into cloth. When combined,  the ingredients create a malleable sheet which conforms to any shape simply by the warmth of your hands.   The wraps can be used to store anything from fresh breads, sandwiches, and fruit  to sealing your bowl of leftovers. And, unlike plastic wrap, a tight seal is a very simple achievement!
food storage solutions
With the naturally occurring antibacterial properties of Bee's Wrap, clean up is a simple wash with cool soapy water. And storage is even easier - once air dried, store in a drawer.
bee's wrap food wraps
natural food storage options
Handcrafted by owner, Sarah Kaeck and her team of industrious ladies, Bee's Wrap is locally produced in Sarah's home town in Vermont. I've been using mine for several weeks now and they are holding up wonderfully.

Thanks, Sarah, for a great handcrafted product! I can't tell you how pleased I am with its qualities - all gifts from nature.

Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover