01 April 2013

Vintage Wedding Cake Topper

The wedding season has arrived and has me seeking out beautiful bits & pieces of vintage specifically suited for a vintage wedding. I absolutely love vintage weddings. They're one of those rare times when it's perfectly acceptable to show your love for the past and of all things old, yellowed, tattered, & worn.
vintage wedding cake topper
And my favorite find so far is this piece I came across while jaunting around North Georgia last weekend. Isn't it exquisite? So perfectly aged and one-of-a-kind. This wedding topper is vintage 1960's and was made by the famous Wilton Company.
bird wedding cake topper
wilton wedding cake topper
Such a unique specimen. I love the patina and how the flowers have been gently crumpled from being packed away as a carefully preserved memory.
vintage wedding cake topper
The lacey base holds a pair of entwined love birds that have, over these many years, served as a reminder of a very special occasion.
vintage wedding topper
I'm so happy to see that it will soon serve the same purpose for a new couple and their happy future together.

This lovely topper will very soon be listed in our shop.

Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover