25 March 2013

Vintage Goodness - Weekend Finds

art pottery
Love the pastels of the mid century era. Don't they make you want to pull on your lacy apron and get your Betty Crocker on? I admire you vintage loving souls who are brave enough to go full on with the sherbet kitchens and love living vicariously through your blogs. I, however, am mostly a colorphobe and live in a monochromatic world.

We have a darling 1940's rental that I would love to take back to its pastel colored roots - so appropriate for the age and look of the home - but it's a rental & the look is too specific for a rental property. Maybe one day...
art pottery
I so was happy to find the turquoise mixing bowl. It won't stay around long. They always sell as fast as I get them in. And the pink vase... I couldn't resist its retro atomic design and the edgy mix of atomic softened by the color pink. And the parakeet - well, he's just too sweet not to include {again}. Sweetness for sure!
vintage table lamp
Then we move to the other side of the 1940's into the opulence of Art Deco with the glossy black and "weeping" gold on these petite lamps. This size is often referred to as a vanity or boudoir lamp. The fancy gold & black is new old stock never used.
vintage bubble glass decanter
I wish I could have captured a better shot of the beautiful oval tray in the back. Even in it's vintage condition, it's a beauty. The bamboo detailed rim makes it a Regency classic. These large sized trays are hard to find.

And, oh my gosh, have you priced these mid century bubble decanters lately? I have to admit, however,  they are pretty awesome.

On a random note: It' SNOWING!!! What??? Way crazy. This Georgia weather - you just never know from one day to the next. Happy Monday!!!

linking to Remnant, Apron Thrift Girl, & Coastal Charm


Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. I love the mixing bowl, I see why they move fast! What a great find! I'd love it if you'd jump over and link up at my "Go Get Your Garage Sale On" Linky Party, and share some of your great finds! http://www.brightgreendoor.com/2013/05/go-get-your-garage-sale-on-with.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover