04 February 2013

Mid Century Modern Design Finds - Pottery

We had a great buying trip this last week and made it home with quite a few mid-century finds. Modern finds are always a treat for me as they are difficult to find here in the Southeast.

Today I'm featuring some pottery pieces we were lucky to acquire. Pottery fits perfectly into a mid century modern design, with its clean lines, and is a beautiful accessory to the natural wood tones often associated with furniture of that era. Just a nice compliment when placed upon a great piece furniture.
mid century Japan salt glaze vase via homeologymodernvintage.com
Heager vase via homeologymodernvintage.com
I love the simplicity of the Japan salt glazed pottery above and the more modern Haeger piece in a beautiful aqua.
mid century bitossi style horse via homeologymodernvintage.com
  Displayed in the back is a beautiful volcanic glazed pot, believed to be German. It is unmarked but came from a collector of German pottery. The Bitossi style horse is a classic design in soft green.
mid century tea set via homeologymodernvintage.com
 And last is a minty mint tea set in tangerine that I immediately fell in love with as soon as my eyes fell upon it. The colors in this picture don't do it justice as it is softer than what you see here. I love its matte finish, I love its sweet shade of tangerine, and I love the fact that it was a mint, complete set. This set comes with the teapot, creamer, sugar, and two cups & saucers. So pretty.

And do you see the sneak peek of the two lamps? Don't you love their color? And the design? To die for... It's so difficult to find a pair.

I promise to give you a full view soon!

linking to Remnant Mid Century

Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. Yes, I see the lamps. Yes, I want them! I'm a sucker for orange...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo that tea set is fab!!! I only have my fine china for tea and don't like hauling it out for everyday occasions, I need something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should totally make it yours, sarah! {90% of our shipping goes to california.}

      and i know what you mean about the fine set. sadly, my limoges sits pretty upon the server yet is never used.

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover