09 January 2013

{Home-ology}'s Favorite Finds From 2012

This girl is taking it easy for a couple of days while recovering from a grueling weekend!  While doing so, I took time to go back through last year's posts and reflect on some of the year's positive notes.  I so love what I am doing - blogging and selling awesome stuff!  Reflecting back helps me remember why I do what I do.  Not surprising to me, I find that it's definitely vintage and mostly mid century that makes my heart go pitter patter nowadays!

Since our picking trip last weekend ended up a bust, going back through the blog posts & looking at last year's loot was just the "fix" this deprived junker needed!  It was also a perfect opportunity to reflect on our favorite picks from 2012.  I enjoyed seeing all the great finds that have passed through our hands and feel privileged that I was able to revive a few pieces that would have otherwise been left to decay.

Without further ado, here are my favorite picks from 2012:
danish modern chair via homeologymodernvintage.com
Great Danish Modern arm chair in gold & orange.  Mid century can be so difficult to find in my southern territory.  It's exciting when I have a true quality piece pass through.
painted table via homeologymodernvintage.com
And a Deco side table revived.  These two sweet revivals were found/revived last January.

May brought me a trio of groovy macrame wall hangings from the 70's.  They are absolutely mint & I love them so!  I dreamed of having a mod bedroom all my own when I was a teenager but was forced to share a room with my younger sister.  So not cool...
macrame wall hanging via homeologymodernvintage.com
But if it had these hanging from my bedroom ceiling, I may have felt differently.

Then, on a lucky June day, I was approached by a lovely lady who needed to unload an excess of her mother's dish collection.  Not usually one to invest in china, I was reluctant until she mentioned they were from the 50's.  I took a peek inside one of the boxes to find a large collection of American Modern Dinnerware by Russel Wright - mainly included were the more collectible serving pieces.  Shut the front door!
russel wright american modern via homeologymodernvintage.com
June was a good month for mid century finds and included this awesome slatted bench by the iconic Milo Baughman..

This one has to be one of my best finds of 2012.  I love it so that it has become a part of my personal collection.  This slatted bench was unearthed in a true "dump" of a thrift store.  It was covered in surface rust & paint drips, but I knew there was quality hidden underneath.  Luckily, a bit of research proved exactly what I had found.  {I may have squealed a little.}
milo baughman coffee table via homeologymodernvintage.com
Yes, it is a permanent fixture in my home as I begin to transition more mid century/modern pieces into the mix.

Another June gift was this vintage bar cart by  Rid-Jid which I painstakingly revived.
mid century rid jid bar cart via homeologymodernvintage.com
I had dreams of also keeping him for my very own, but he was just too petite for my space.  I reluctantly sent him to the shop where he was quickly plucked.  Miss him...

July brought me an exquisite & rare set of vintage medicine cabinets which disappeared before I had a chance to say "hello."
vintage pharmacy cabinet via homeologymodernvintage.com
Sometimes its better when things go out the door quickly.  Had they not, I probably would have found a way to make them mine.

Next came this wonderful antique factory cart coffee table.  Goodness, for sure!
factory cart via homeologymodernvintage.com
Another fav. is the retro bullet planter.  This find came in August.
retro bullet planter via homeologymodernvintage.com
And this
vintage barware via homeologymodernvintage.com
Wasn't he a cutie pie?

So many great finds.  Yes, peeps, this is why I do what I do!!!

Linking this post to a new favorite vintage link party at Remnantpdx.com - a great blog that I have recenyly found.  Lots of goodness over there - do stop by and show them some vintage blog love!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for linking up and mentioning us on your blog. We love the bar cart. That is one item we buy everytime we see.
    Cheers,
    Chris & Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that chair too! But in black instead of orange. I practically ran to the front desk at Goodwill to buy it. (and for only 8.50!) I felt like I was stealing!
    I'm lusting after your slatted bench. SO Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover