06 November 2012

Works in Progress

In between all the holiday prep I've also been working on the hoard collection of projects in our garage.  I've made progress & am feeling pretty good about it.

These you've seen before, a set of four 1950's bar stools.  Great legs, but lacking personality.homeologymodernvintage.com
homeologymodernvintage.com
homeologymodernvintage.com
How 'bout those legs now?  Classic modern love ;)

My love for industrial is never ending.  I love the artistry that was imparted in the older pieces when creating form & function.  There is always a place for a great piece of industrial goodness.  

This is a wonderful 1930's piece that was a part of an old shoe factory.homeologymodernvintage.com Grungy mess...  grungy, grungy mess.
homeologymodernvintage.com Love the original painted patina.  Not changed, just cleaned.
homeologymodernvintage.com I always prefer to place a sealed coat over older painted surfaces.  Chances are that beautiful surface is lead based - sealing it takes the worry out of enjoying a great original piece.

It's been crazy busy times and I love it!


Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover