26 November 2012

Winter Styling {the front entry}

winter styling at front entry via homeologymodernvintage.com
Hello again my friends, so glad to be back into the swing of life after a few days away.  I so enjoyed my time off, and it was awfully refreshing to just take a break; but I'm very happy to be back & prepared for the busy holiday season that is upon us ;)

I feel I've accomplished much around the house this month, with lots & lots of drudgery done inside and outside.  It's during this time of year that all that hard labor pays off as the house is transitioned from summer to winter.  When all the clean-up has been done, I get to go straight to the fun stuff without any unpleasant interruptions.

And over the past week I did just that.

One of my very favorite treats of the year is to walk around the property clipping buckets of evergreens in preparation for the winter styling. I'll use them all around the yard & inside the house throughout the winter.  The dark greens are such a pretty contrast to the gray winter days.
winter evergreens in swedish bucket via homeologymodernvintage.com
It serves to remind us that green summer days will return soon enough while we enjoy the restful peace of winter.

My first project is to give the front entryway some personality after the brown fodder of fall {post here for the sad aftermath & a newly painted door}.  Here we have a clean slate.
front entryway ready for styling via homeologymodernvintage.com
Evergreens will set the stage.
evergreens in swedish bucket via homeologymodernvintage.com

winter styling via homeologymodernvintage.com
With organic elements always a part of the winter design.
winter styling via homeologymodernvintage.com
A rustic look that uses the beauty surrounding us.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful, Sarah! Love the antlers in the wreath! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover