12 November 2012

Seasonal Transition {Phase I}

This weekend was another weekend of transitioning.  Transitioning from fall to winter on the front entryway.
early fall decorating via homeologymodernvintage.com
This was the fall styling I did for the entryway in October.  Sweet, yes?  I really enjoyed the pop of color this added to a very brown fall season.
end of season fall fodder via homeologymodernvintage.com
And this is what it looked like this past weekend.  All that beautiful color has faded.  After four weeks, it was time to tackle the front entry once again.

But before I do, I have one large project to complete.  I am no longer able to ignore the eyesore that is the dull, scratched, faded front door.  I tried, knowing that it was time to paint the house anyway; however, I could not.  It was time to take matters into my own hands, my friends, and paint the door.
front entry door painted via homeologymodernvintage.com
painted front door via homeologymodernvintage.com
I originally planned to paint it in a beautiful glazed red like Kim's over at Savy Southern Style but soon realized that there would be no contrast to the brick surrounding it, so I opted to stay with the original shade of "Ponderosa Green."

A coat of oil based enamel will last so much longer than that last coat of latex did.  A lot more prep work, but definitely worth it for the long haul.

Sweet painted perfection!  With that item off the check list, this front entryway is on its way to a beautiful winter display.  I'm starting off my winter styling with some potted evergreens.  This will be the basics from which I will build.  Now the tough decision - should my holiday design go rural rustic or something more traditional?

I'm so excited about this holiday season.  All the family will be home & camping at the house - not an easy feat to get them all together.  That means siblings, spouses, & little ones will be running all over the place.  Love it!!!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the link. Mine is actually not red, but a tera cotta color and then glazed. I love your door color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I know it will be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover