02 November 2012

October 2012 in Retrospect

It's November already?  Really?  October flew by way too quickly.  So much so that I'm left wondering where all my time was spent. I think I need a review!
homeologymodernvintage.com
I remember starting October off with a big clean-up of the yard.  October is the perfect month to remove all the spent perennials of the summer & freshen up the flower beds for the beautiful fall blooms.  Left with lots & lots of trimmings, I took advantage of them by creating an Early Fall Front Porch display.  Love the vivid colors of fall.
homeologymodernvintage.com
October was my one year anniversary as well!  Yay for {Home-ology} the blog and {Home-ology} the business!!!  Here's a recap of our humble beginnings to where we are today.

homeologymodernvintage.com
And much of my time was spent on the pair of Victorian chests.  We finally got them completed.  Such temperamental ladies they were; but they turned out just as I had imagined.  All was good in the end!
homeologymodernvintage.com
Unlike the Victorians, this gentleman was such a pleasure to work with.  Very cooperative from the beginning, reviving him was easy peasy.  And quite the looker he turned out to be.  This mid century media center has had lots of love around blogdom.
homeologymodernvintage.com
In between furniture & tagging my most recent finds, I'm always tweaking & restocking the booths.  October was a crazy busy month & I had little time to snap pic's before the inventory was depleted.  Here's a few shots from October's inventory as I try to gear up for November's Holiday Open House.
homeologymodernvintage.com
And last weekend was the Country Living Fair in Stone Mountain.  So much fun!  It was a great end to the month!

So now it's November!  I'm trying to appreciate November & all the wonderful blessings we have in our family.  I am going to make an effort to slow down a bit be thankful throughout the month - all while working at a furious pace gearing up for the Christmas season.

Check with me at the end of the month to see how that goes!!!



Share/Bookmark

5 comments :

  1. Yes, where did October go? I love your front door with that bold pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I love your front porch, those baskets are just beautiful, looks so pretty next to your green door!!! What is that you have in them?

    I'm with you, where the heck did this month go? Next thing you will be saying is..... OMG, it's CHRISTMAS!!!!

    Have a great weekend!

    Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheryl, those purple berries are from my beauty berry bush. aren't they striking? i just love them in the fall {and so do the birds!}.

      Delete
  3. i love your front porch especially the green door!! its so eye-catching! am so taken by those deep pink flowers. what are they called? time flies by so fast when your having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi bijou! those flowers are just plain old mums from home depot! i forget the variety {belgium, perhaps} but they are packed with blooms and come in a plethora of colors.

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover