12 October 2012

Vintage Goodness

Today was a very busy day spent on the road.  It was filled with mid-century finds, a rarity for me and one I was very happy to see!

I find it interesting how certain days tend to produce a certain type of find as opposed to the next day which might produce something entirely different.  One would assume that it's based on what one is in the mood to take home on any particular day, but I'm not convinced that that's the case.  I am always on the lookout for quality mid-century.  So why was today more productive than others?

I don't have the answer, but I'm happy to take it as it comes.
  Not a bad load!
Please excuse the dust - the drudgery of cleaning has yet to take place.  Do you recognize the hanging air plant vase?  I'm seeing reproductions in all the uber modern shelter magazines.  This one is an original, circa 1960.  I really want it to stay with me.
And how about this one?  It's actually the seat to a bar stool, but don't you agree it's the perfect size for a modern little toddler's seat?  I just have to find a proportional chair base to make it work.  I can't wait to get this puppy repurposed into something very purposeful and very modern.  So fun!
An impala in turquoise.  Need I say more?  I found lots of beautiful turquoise pottery today.
And some awesome starburst tumblers.

It was a good day ;)


Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. Wonderful stuff...love that lamp and those cool glasses.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking through your blog and the glass grapes stopped me in my tracks. I made an offhand comment about them in my last post and here they are staring back at me. Love all your finds. Especially the turquoise pottery pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, you did, didn't you! so funny! don't they just scream 1960's? it's so much fun reliving my childhood through the x, y, & z generations - it has allowed me to appreciate these things in a way i never would have otherwise! thanks so much for visiting - i'm so honored to have you as part of my blogging world!

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover