16 October 2012

Mid Century Dining Set by Stanley

One of my picks this past weekend was a 1960's modern dining set - in perfect condition.  The hutch in this photo is an exact match to the one in my set.
Furnish Me Vintage
Walnut & rosewood with brushed metal knobs & end caps.  Beautifully modern.  My set also includes a server/buffet.   It was made by the Stanely Furniture Company in the early 1960's.  The owner's daughter informed me that the couple moved into their home in 1960 and the set was purchased at that time or soon thereafter. 

I can't wait to show more pic's.  But that will have to wait until I have an extra hand at the unit {sad face}.  At the time, we ended up purchasing quite a few pieces of furniture from this estate & had to rent a U-Haul to carry it all home.  Unfortunately in our haste to unload at the unit & return the trailer, we didn't have an opportunity to photograph any of the pieces.

Also included in the set is a beautiful mid century design dining table that seats eight.  It has an extending leaf that cleverly tucks under the table when not in use.

And what is a dining table without chairs?  This one has six beautiful chairs in the Danish Modern style - low profile with wide seats, blade arm rests & backs, and tapered legs.  The original seats were chosen in a crushed velvet corduroy fabric in chartreuse & gold- all original & in mint condition.  So beautifully maintained and so aptly mid century.

All the pieces are available individually or as a set.  If interested, please message me with inquiries & I'll be happy to send you some not-so-sexy photos all staged outside the storage facility ;)

Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover