19 October 2012

Fall Nesting

I bet you thought this was going to be a beautiful spread full of fall styling for the home - some inspirational ideas to create that warm, cozy setting. Well, perhaps it is of sorts, or perhaps not. It all depends on your definition of inspiration ;)
Let me explain... Ever since early October I've been feeling the pressure to deck out my home for the fall.  I even made an attempt to prepare my vintage abode when I created my seasonal front door a few weeks ago.  But that has been the extent of my motivation.  I just haven't had the drive to do anything more.

I think that all changed this morning.

When I awoke this morning, I was in full blown nesting mode. How do  I know?  I know because it always starts out with an uncontrollable urge to clean my home from top to bottom.  You know, the kind of "get it clean now or I'll never let you rest" kind of urge.  I tried to reason with it as I sipped my coffee & went through my morning routine.  But the dirty baseboards & carpet kept calling me, beckoning me, taunting me.  By 8:30 I gave in, and eight hours later my home is immaculate {or as close as it will ever come}!

Now I know I'm not the only one who goes through this, am I?  It usually hits me twice a year - spring & fall.  For me, it's really about getting those underlying structures in order before I can begin to enjoy the styling.   And I'm not just talking "tidying up." No, I'm talkin' clean like a mad woman.  Today nothing went untouched - the accessories, the chandy, the carpets, the upholstery, the walls & baseboards, and even the pets {they are a little traumatized right now, but will soon be fine}.

By the end of it all I had just enough energy left to play around in the foyer.
But 15 minutes in, I called it quits & headed to the shower. I was just to spent!
However, tomorrow is another day.  And with the house all clean from the layer of summer heat that has been lingering, I can go at my fall nesting with complete abandon!  Dare I?  Oh, I think yes!

Hope you have a great fall weekend!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. YES! i do get those too sarah but its the nagging that i cant take... i have to give in LOL its like what u said, the furnitures are calling ur name... taunting you... like Sirens! and after that, exhaustion! but also a sense of fulfillment :) love owls and love your foyer :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did that yesterday, when the cleaning people stood me up!! I had "precleaned" for them, so it was somewhat easy to tackle the rooms. Nice job on the foyer!
    Pia

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover