01 October 2012

Early Fall Decor

The awesome weather we've been having lately tells me it's time to begin preparations for the months ahead.  The cool weather, the outdoor markets, and the holidays to come are what I'm looking forward to, not to mention warm cozy fires while nestled up on the couch with my favorite blanket guy {okay, I love my blanket!}.  But before I can enjoy any of that, there's work to be done.
early fall front door via homeologymodernvintage.com
This time of the year I always do a major outdoor clean up of the spent flower beds and overgrown shrubs.  I achieved my goal this past week and I'm feeling pretty awesome right about now as I sit on the back patio sipping my beverage and enjoying the site of freshly cleaned flower beds & a nicely mowed lawn.  It's a great feeling of accomplishment! 

With the outdoor clean-up complete, now is the perfect time for me to take advantage of my yard's bountiful beauty by adding some of fall inspiration to the front entry. Fall styling via homeologymodernvintage.com With the summer annuals gone, it's definitely in need of some embellishment right now.  But I don't want to commit to any long term plantings.  This time of year I take advantage of my front porch as a way to reflect the holidays.  So from now until January the decor will be changed out several times.

I also prefer to use what nature provides in as many ways as possible.

So, taking my cue from the colors currently trending in my yard right now, I've opted to use varying shades of lavenders & purples.  I chose these early fall shades based on what I have in bloom at the moment.  For me, that would be my beauty berry bush, my anemones, my asters, & my mums.  Using these non-traditional early fall colors is a fresh change to the usual.  And the colors are a perfect compliment to our green door.  Non-traditional, but in an oh-so-good way.
early fall front door via homeologymodernvintage.com
With hues of lavender as inspiration, I knew I wanted a non-traditional color for my pumpkins as well.  These heirloom pumpkins were a perfect choice.  Their shades of white & gray-green add a hauntingly ethereal touch.
early fall front door via homeologymodernvintage.com
I love this pair of antique urns I keep at my doorstep.  They were plucked from the steps of a townhouse in NYC.  And for a bit more "vintage," I also added a couple of old windows as a backdrop, just to add another layer.
early fall front door via homeologymodernvintage.com

So pretty!  And such a nice change of pace to the usual.

What's your fall inspiration?

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Looks outstanding!!! Like how you used the windows and your wall baskets are awesome.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover