21 September 2012

Vintage Goodness

My thrifting led me & my cohort to the Woodstock Market yesterday.

She's my little thrifter-in-training and this was her first trip into the world of thrifting.  After giving her a few moments to take it all in, I noticed she gravitated to two particular areas:  the shabby chic pink/white/lacy/sparkly booths & the vintage toys {and, unfortunately, this sequined hat that she thought was totally cool}.  She was such a good little thrifter and pointed out that strings on furniture meant "please do not sit," and learned after one mention that breakables were not to be touched. Is my 3 1/2 year old g'baby a genius or what?  Don't hate...

I really appreciate this particular antiques mall - quite a bit of quality to be found there.  But it was this interesting pendant lamp crafted from old chicken feeders that was the favorite.  It's priced at $199 in case anyone wants to take this puppy home {unfortunately it just doesn't work with my home's style and I've yet to convince my husband that we need an impractically large "party" barn so that I can justify purchases such as this}:
woodstock market
I didn't make any purchases at the Woodstock Market but did make a purchase at the Canton Street Antiques Market in downtown Roswell.  But before I show you my find, let me preface by allowing you to swoon over this industrial magnified sconce from Anthro that I immediately fell in love with as soon as I spotted it in their catalog.
magnified sconce via homeologymodernvintage.com
Anthropologie
Anthro's awesomely crafted magnified sconce is priced at $495.  Okay, it doesn't fit into my home's style any more than the chicken feeder lamp, so I'm sure your asking yourself where I'm going with this.

Well, feast your eyes on my version of the magnified sconce:
magnified brass sconce via homeologymodernvintage.com
magnified brass sconce via homeologymodernvintage.com
magnified brass sconce via homeologymodernvintage.com
This one actually does fit into my home's style.  Isn't it pretty?  I love how it magnifies the light.  And I didn't pay $495!

magnified brass sconce via homeologymodernvintage.com
I'm considering having it wired for lighting and using a cool Edison bulb in place of the candle.

Hope you weekend is full of great vintage finds!  

Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. Love that sconce. That is definitely my style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I am answering your question here since you don't have your email attached to your comments. You have no reply comment on. The paint I used on the front door is Firenze by Sherwin Williams. I bought the sample size. I glazed with a black glaze over the paint. Wanted an old world look and to bring out the stone colors on the surrounding wall.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I told you the wrong paint color. It is Cavern Clay by SW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kim, thanks so much!!! it's so beautiful that i just may have to copycat ;) also, thanks for letting me know about the email thingy - i "think" i have that fixed {so many minute details to blogging that i have yet to wrap my head around}!

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover