19 September 2012

Four Days til Fall

Did you know that Fall is here?  It is!  Well, technically it's here on the 22nd of September, but the weather this week is bringing it in a few days early.  {Yay!}
antiqued mirror via homeologymodernvintage.com
I love welcoming in each new season, but I like to do it in a way that integrates the things I style with on a daily basis rather than lugging down a huge collection of seasonal stuff that sits in the attic all year until its appropriate season arrives.  A practical way to style; however, it can be a tad boring.

So for renewed interest, I'll add a few new pieces or will pull some accessories from other rooms.  Placing accessories in a new location is a refreshing way to recycle what's already on hand.

This year, I'm going to integrate an old mirror into my fall styling for the bay window in our dining room.
antiqued mirror via homeologymodernvintage.com
 But the green marbleized faux finish on this mirror wasn't cutting it {way too dark for the room}.
So it's getting a paint job.  I'm thinking a light shade of blue will be the perfect color to work with all the Flow Blue on the walls.
antiqued mirror via homeologymodernvintage.com
Taping around the mirror is such a time drain.  {I usually skip this process but was in a Frog Tape kinda mood this morning!}
antiqued mirror via homeologymodernvintage.com
Here she is all painted & pretty.  I like how the trio of mirrors mimic the trio of windows.  And the blue works well with the other accents in the room.


antiqued mirror via homeologymodernvintage.com





antiqued mirror via homeologymodernvintage.com
This old mirror has a cloudy haze to it.  I love the character it adds.
antiqued mirror via homeologymodernvintage.com
And the softness it gives to whatever it reflects.  I think all mirrors should have a haze.  Hazed mirrors and candlelight dinners are a girl's best friend!

Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. Love the new color of the mirror. I spy some very nice antiques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great framing! love the finish of that mirror :) i am loving that ram ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was such a cool find! I haven't had the heart to put him up for sale just yet ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful....warm and welcoming!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover