27 August 2012

vintage Goodness {Weekend finds}

Happy Monday peeps!!!  I had a really great birthday weekend that started off on Thursday with a wonderful pie from the Pie Hole in downtown Roswell {thanks so much, Amanda - I heart you for that}.  If you're local, you definitely need to take an opportunity to enjoy a slice, the crust was ahhhmazing!  Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my leftovers home, so that one slice has left me wanting more...  and ended on Sunday with a sweet surprise dinner {also amazing, thanks, Ash - I heart you, too, for that}.  Goodness all around!

So, any awesome finds for you all this weekend?  I'm struggling to find anything of interest on my picking jaunts lately.  How about you?  I have to admit I'm a picky picker but, jeez, it's been tough!  Admittedly, I'd rather bring home a few interesting items than a bunch of "eeeh's."  And just to vent a little, all the pop-up thrift stores that are on every corner now need to get a reality check on their prices!!!  I know it's a trend to thrift, but they're forgetting why the trend became so big - good prices for used junk - not over-the-top prices for used junk!!!  Hello?  And I rarely bother with Goodwill.  Did you know that they have their own pickers who pluck out the good stuff to sell on their online auction site?  So that's why you're not finding much of anything quality anymore.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

So here's what did make it home with me.

irontstone collection via homeologymodernvintage.com
 Love the ironstone.  This is a very old little pedestal bowl, so sweet!

stag horn via homeologymodernvintage.com
Nice rack!  Beautiful as display during the winter season.
vintage pair of ice skates via homeologymodernvintage.com
Sweet pair of vintage ice skates.  Lots of possibilities whirling in my head for these.
bail lid canning jars via homeologymodernvintage.com
Because we can't get enough of these guys - canning jars.  I love the little half-pints, so cute!
vintage desktop fan via homeologymodernvintage.com
Very nice vintage desktop fan.  This one is early, probably 1930's.

Like I said, quality not quantity.

What did you pick up this weekend?  I'd love for you to share your links with me so I may live vicariously through your jaunts.  Yep, it's an addiction.



Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover