20 August 2012

Vintage Goodness {Weekend Finds}

ram's head salvaged from the garden via homeologymodernvintage.comMy weekend prize - a beautifully detailed, very ornate ram's head.  He was once attached to a body & was an exquisite piece of garden art.  Judging by the detailed workmanship, he was the best of the best.  I'm so happy that someone took the time to salvage him.

homeologymodernvintage.com
This is where he will reside for the time being, while I admire his striking beauty.

His unique qualities make him perfectly suited to a library or gentleman's study.  Properly placed, the remnants of his copper colored paint would blend splendidly with the warm wood tones of a room such as that & the yellowed pages of the books surrounding him.  I think bits of ironstone incorporated as highlights would be a finishing touch.

homeologymodernvintage.com
My foyer is my favorite part of the house to stage.  Other parts of the house all converge here, so I'm always passing through it.

ram's head salvaged from the garden via homeologymodernvintage.comLove his details...  He will eventually be passed on to someone who appreciates his charm as much as I.  But this one needs to stay with me - just for a little while ;)

What did you find this weekend?  Do send links, I'd love to see!

linking to:  southern hospitality

Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. That was a great find!!! Looks great in his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks, kim. actually, other than the mirror & plates, they are all pieces i've inherited. i just noticed that! {ahhh, perhaps that's why it's my fav spot}!

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover