13 August 2012

Vintage goodness {weekend finds}

Wow, it's a new week already!  Happy Monday - the beginning to another fabulous one ;)  Did you see the closing ceremonies of the Olympics?  Awesome, I must say.  Good music, great memories - they kicked some rock 'n roll a--, fo sho people!

Was your weekend good for you?  I had a rather productive one while on the prowl for awesome things to add to the inventory.  I do find that my finds tend to come in spurts for me.  Rather than finding an item or two throughout the week, I'll find several of them all at once.  This was one of those good weekends.

And Hubby made it home for the weekend.  It was very nice to have him back for a few days.

So...  on to the fun stuff.  Here's a few of the finds I came across this week.  There's a few more that I'll highlight later; but as of now, they're in the finishing stages.

First off is a modern acrylic & spun nylon pendant light in a beautiful champagne finish.  Okay, it's in the process of being rewired, so imagine the gold chain swag & a big fat white globe light in the center.  I was so happy to find one in such good shape.  The nylon threads tend to become brittle over the years.  However, this one is in excellent shape and the threads are still soft and pliable.

mid century pendant light via homeologymodernvintage.com

mid century pendant light via homeologymodernvintage.com
Don't you love the futuristic design?  So intricate & fun.  I'll throw up another pic when it's actually finished.  The shimmery acrylic & the spun threads play beautifully on the wall when it's all lit up in its shining glory.
A collection of tart pans.  These will be repurposed into fabulous industrial mirrors.  I did a tutorial on how to make these in my post on repurposed decorative mirrors. If you can't make it to the Queen of Hearts for the originals, you can make a few for yourself ;)

And on to my favorite find of the week:

drunken cat decanter via homeologymodernvintage.com

drunken cat decanter via homeologymodernvintage.com

drunken cat decanter via homeologymodernvintage.com

drunken cat decanter via homeologymodernvintage.com
You all know by now my current obsession with kitschy kitty cats, like the pair I featured in my post on the pharmacy cabinets.  This gent is my most recent addition.

In contrast to the beautifully sleek & seductive white pair, this little guy has had more than his share of the contents of his bottle.  He's a decanter.  I love his drunken face, his blue bow, his tiny white tuft of hair, & his soft matte black glaze.

Does anyone recognize this potter's signature?  Despite my attempts, I am coming up empty.  It looks like "Puxle" Pottery, but I've tried several variations with no luck.  Man, if you can tell me the potter, I'd be on cloud nine.

To close, I quote Monty Python in last night's Olympic closing ceremony, "Always look on the bright side of life."  Amen.

linking to the following:

Southern Hospitality

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. to me it reads pixie pottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tried that one already, no luck. keep em coming!

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover