15 August 2012

Help, Help {French Linen Press - a Work in Progress}

So, did I completely gross you out with my last post on the flea epidemic?  Did it cause you to have nightmares?  It was pretty gross, I admit.  But we can all rest assured that all is now well at the Krouse house.  I even dared to venture back downstairs yesterday with no sign of attack from the enemy {okay, I was forced to, and it was done with lightening speed}.  I think I won the battle.  Remember once when I said I was brutally honest?  Yeah, you're gonna get some of that around here.

With all the ugliness, I feel compelled to give you all a prettier post to make up for the aftermath of war, so here goes.

The little French linen press I've been working on has turned out splendidly.  She's very pretty!  With her new facelift, she is now ready to be jeweled, but I can't make up my mind on which direction to take with her.  She looks good no matter what I do, and I like them all. 

Take a look for yourself.

french linen press via homeologymodernvintage.com
I know it's difficult to see, but I can't decide on which drawer pulls to go with.
french linen press via homeologymodernvintage.com
These are the two choices for new door pulls or I can go with the original pulls {below}.  The owl - cute factor; the black porcelain knob - clean & modern; the original - classically French.
homeologymodernvintage.com
And here's a pic of the three coordinating drawer pulls - large black porcelain pull to be paired with the black knob; the crystal pull to be paired with the owl; or the original brass pull.french linen press via homeologymodernvintage.com french linen press via homeologymodernvintage.com
 Beautiful bling
french linen press via homeologymodernvintage.comClassic elegance
french linen press via homeologymodernvintage.comOr clean modern
french linen press via homeologymodernvintage.com
Which direction should I go?  I know I should just make an executive decision, and I am leaning in one direction.  But I would welcome a little input from you guys - so give it to me!

I'm going to leave this one up to the polls.



Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. I like the look of the classic elegant one. But you have such good taste whatever you pick will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, beautiful & safe. it might be a good choice considering it's a resale piece.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful piece you have here. I think I would go with the black knobs and pulls...very classic.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi linda! thanks so much for stopping by & for your valued opinion - i think the black knobs are where my heart may be leading me as well.

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover