06 August 2012

Beautiful Things

This weekend was a weekend full of beautiful finds, goals {mostly} accomplished, and  tasks checked off the list.  It feels good to have things in order & looking pretty all at the same time, because that has become the exception rather than the rule around here lately.

 

One of my finds was this beautiful old sea fan.  Growing up on the beaches of West Florida, these displays were common.  But I never appreciated their unique beauty until recently.  I was happy to have found an old original.  Perfect for summer. 


Such architectural details.

One of my favorite markets was this weekend.  It's a small one that has become filled with more & more wonderfully creative, artistic, & talented ladies selling their wares.  I returned with a few great items I am so happy to add to the inventory. 



Who can resist old vintage Bingo cards?  Not sure how I will use these just yet, but I couldn't pass them up.  Perhaps they're perfect just as they are.  Any suggestions?




I also found a collection of handblown glass orbs.  Love the colors all mixed up.  Love that they are each handblown with a pontil where the glassblower broke it from the rod.  These would be pretty with the sea fan - a pretty collection of beach finds as if they were plucked from the shore.

We also brought home some larger finds.  Some are in the works and will be featured soon ;)  How was your weekend?  Any fun finds of your own?  Do tell!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. The Bingo cards... *love*! Those glass orbs are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover