24 May 2012

{Hue-ology} - Your Weekly Color Inspiration - Peacock Blue

 A shade of blue tinged with green.

The definition is as loosely interpreted as the color itself.  In the world of color, it can range from a light teal to electric blue.

via

I tend to associate this blue with the deep dark colors of the peacock rather than the ever-changing iridescent tail.

via

Such as the tone of this velvet tufted chair.  Decadent, rich, & luxurious.

via

 Or in this wallpaper by Ferm.  
If I were more of a Bohemian in my style, I'd use this to transition the awesomely eclectic mix of my design.  
But for me, I think it would fit well in a powder room.  It's a color all people look good in. {And let's face it - don't we all enjoy a bit of artificial enhancement?}

via


This chair, aptly named "Peacock," is an interesting interpretation.





via

Chartreuse & peacock blue.  Delicious drama.


via

But I think my favorite is to pair it with yellows.  You will see this blue trending with lots of gold tones, and I'm perfectly okay with that.  

I never tired of gold, even when platinum was king.


via

Moving over to the diy side of design, how about this easy spray painted night stand using Rustoleum.  Very peacock"y" I must say!

via

 But below is where I am going to start.
I've found my next paint project in the chest {and how 'bout that safari chair - looove}.  I want a chest in peacock blue just like this one.
Isn't it gorgeous?  Yes.  Look for it soon.

via

How about you & peacock blue?  Is it too 2011 for your taste?
Classics never fall out of fashion for long...

Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. Love your suggestions for incorporating bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love peacocks! i got a lot of ideas from your gorge visuals :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover