09 January 2012

My Word of the Year




2012 is going to be a year of many personal goals for me.  I have a lot of them, so we'll see just how many I can achieve; but I'm energized & oh so focused.  I'm ready to take things on that I didn't have the courage to do in the past; and I have a determination that I haven't had for quite some time.  It feels good.



Last year seemed as if I was mostly focusing on others - which I was absolutely thrilled to do.  I love all the great things that came our way on in 2011.  But those very eventful events meant that I had to put many of my goals on hold for most of the year.  In a way, I think it was a good thing.  Having to set aside my goals gave me an entire year to focus on what was really important and what I truly want to see happen. 

So it seemed apropos that I came across this New Year's challenge.  It's a little twist on a New Year's Resolution, and is known as the "Word of the Year."  I'm not so into the whole "resolution" thing since I usually fail on the first day; but this "Word of the Year," I can absolutely get into this!  For those new to the idea, it is a word you choose for yourself based on the goals you have for the upcoming year.  It is meant to motivate & inspire and is to be carried through the remainder of the year.

The word I have chosen for myself is

c h a l l e n g e

It just seems appropriate for me at this time, and I can't wait to look back at the end of the year to see just how many challenges I will have faced & conquered!  What is your word?  Hop on over to The Lettered Cottage link party & create one of your own.  


Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover