15 December 2011

Holiday Crafting 2011

This year's holiday crafting was somewhat limited due to the large volume I have been producing for my booth at the Queen.  But here's what I created for the 2012 season:



I love Miss Mustard Seed's creativity & was so excited to see her tutorial on German glass glitter letters.  At $2 per magnet, these are a huge hit in the booth.

The antique auto horns-turned holiday vases were a later addition.  I was so in love with these, I had a tough time putting them up for sale!  Find the tutorial here:  Antique Auto Horns Repurposed for the Holidays

I also really loved this antique sled arrangement that was put together for a show we did in November.  As I created it, I pictured it sitting atop a big farm table as a part of someone's family harvest.  And guess what, it sold to a couple who were celebrating their Thanksgiving with extended family at their mountain cabin.  Perfect!

An old Victorian foot stool turned into a glitzy winter planter.  (I kept this one for myself & it is sitting lovely at my front door!)

I acquired a sweet set of vintage music flash cards, added a glass glitter number to each, & voila' - a unique set of place cards/ornaments.

Another favorite in the booth, courtesy of Miss Mustard Seed, are these sheet music ornies.  I embellished mine with a thick layer of glass glitter, giving them an wintry effect. 

Saving my favorite for last are the stag horns in winter white.  The lodge look is a hot one this year & one I truly believe will be around for quite some time.  Love it!

It has been quite a creative season, & I've loved every minute of it!  As the holiday season begins to wind down, I'll begin focusing more on spring and outdoor styling.  Hard to image in December; but, hey, that's my world!  What did you create this year?

Linking to the following:  
Saved by Suzy

Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. You have some beautiful items! I love the antlers. Thanks for joining my party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you on Suzy's party and I'm following you now. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the kind words! Beth, you have a new follower as well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover