20 September 2011

A Glimpse of {Home-ology}'s New Home

After three full days of painting, cleaning, loading, unloading, inventorying, cataloging, tagging, & fluffing, here's the new home of {Home-ology}.


It isn't much to look at just yet, but it's a start in the right direction.  I was afraid to carry in too many smalls since I usually overdo.  I really should have tripled the amount.


It's amazing how much one can cram into a tiny space when one is motivated to do so...  I think I shall like to have my little corner of the market stuffed full of neat pieces.


This was my hired help (when he wasn't on the phone).  Seriously, he has been a blessing through the move & new set-up.  Being married to an engineer can be quite frustrating; but when you need to get the job done & done right, they are invaluable.  This one works for beer & good food (in case anyone else is interested).


This is a new favorite find - a 1950's mannequin on stand.  She's sexy in her copper color & ribboned details.


We scored an awesome hayloft ladder which I found quite useful to hang things from.  It's also adjustable, so it will adapt in a lot of situations.  I love the mossy green patina this one has.  Can't wait to make full use of it.



Wash tubs are the best - I can't get enough of them, so versitile & great in so many situations:  as a garden planter, as a cooler at parties, used as a laundry hamper.  One couple actually fitted theirs for hot & cold water in their garden shed.  I love the look of them.  This one is definitely mid-century with this hairpin-like legs & streamline design.



It's quite a mix, but I love the look of mixing different styles.  The contrast of a fine piece of porcelain set against a rugged primitive makes for an interesting vignette.  Uggh, I forgot to carry plate hangers & plate stands with me so the walls are still quite bare.  But I'll put the finishing touches on it later in the week.  I can't wait to see just how much "stuff" can be crammed into an 8' x 12' space!

Tomorrow its off to the old shop to pack & inventory the remaining items left for auction. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover