08 September 2011

Autumn is in the Air - Ideas for your Fall Gathering

Labor Day has passed, signaling a time for many to begin the change from outdoor gardening & gatherings to indoor activities. I am one of those inclined to do the same.  However, I don't close the door completely until I have had one last get-together celebrating fall & all its beauty.  It's my farewell to the outdoors until next year.

September & October can still be quite hot here in Georgia.  But for the most part, the humidity begins to wane.  When the humidity is low, visibility of the horizon becomes so clear that you feel you can see the ends of the earth.  I love that.  A crispness begins to fill the air, & the sun starts to set low.  It's a feeling of calmness that no other season brings.

To celebrate the onset of fall & help inspire your fall soiree, I've collected a few ideas from the blogging world to share with you:



This first idea comes courtesy of Design Sponge and offers a super easy diy project making cocktail napkins from vintage sheets.  I love the personal touch it adds, not to mention the fun splash of color you'll never get from paper napkins!  Check it out:  vintage sheet cocktail napkins



For a more "holiday" atmosphere, check out the great outdoor party games from Martha Stewart.  Love her or hate her, this lady has some awesome party skills:  Halloween Party Games



And what better way to pay homage to fall than by incorporating seasonal apples into the mix.  This recipe from Food Network sounds like a winner in my book:  Bourbon Bacon Apple Tarts

Okay, I've provided some great ideas to inspire.  I'll be checking my mailbox for the invites to start pouring in, so don't forget to add me to your party list!

This week you will find {Home-ology} at the Scott Antiques Market, South Building, Aisle K-7.  We are bringing a load of fabulous fresh finds from our latest antiquing trip.  We're focusing on outdoor accessories for the fall season - lots of wood trays & warm patinated metal containers for your fall gatherings, a beautiful primitive painted bench, a 1950's outdoor wash tub on stand, & my favorite - an awesome chippy painted jelly cupboard!  (Be sure to mention you saw this on my blog for a very special discount.)  We hope to see you there!

Sarah

Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Sarah...Lovely fall ideas! I hope the Scott show is great for you...sell it all, girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover