15 August 2011

Chalkboard Locker & Great News

As promised, I am posting some "after" pic's of the chalkboard locker I've been working on.  Please excuse the poor quality - these were taken at the show with my phone, & now the locker is heavily wrapped in plastic wrap awaiting it's home in my new spot at Queen of Hearts Antiques & Interiors.  Yes, I signed the papers last week!  I am so excited to start my new adventure in a wonderful new location.  And everyone is so nice there!  I know I'll love it!

But more on that later.  Today, the pic's:


Chalkboard Locker via {Home-ology} - $175


Although it was MUCH work, I really enjoyed turning this piece into something special.  I know it will go to a good home & will be enjoyed.

For those of you who didn't see it in it's original condition, here's a "before" shot:


Definitely nothing wrong with it as is; but don't you agree it needed some character?  I'm loving the look as well as the potential it has for so many various applications.  The obvious is as storage for the children's daily school paraphenalia, or for shoes & such in a mud room.  But how about in a playroom for toys?  The little ones were so drawn to the chalkboard effect at show. 

I love it when my pieces are multi-functional and can work in so many various situations.  This one is no exception.    I know it will go to good use!



As of last week, I have a new home!!!  I'm so happy to have a plan, & I'm so looking forward to the future.  Good things to come, I'm sure!  (Details soon!)

I am linking this to grabtt


Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. These are fabulous! Great idea! Best of luck to you in your new endeavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that locker is amazing! i love what you did with it- it's very cool and industrial!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Please leave your thoughts and comments for me to ponder - I truly love reading each + every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover